Today I found out from my midwife that I'm not actually "anemic" in the way that the clinic tried to impress upon me. Here I've been worried all this time that I may not be able to birth at home because of anemia issues (lack of iron in the blood can increase the risk of uterine rupture during birth), but according to J (my midwife), my anemia is inconsequential and actually at normal levels for a pregnant woman. We just have to keep an eye on it and I have to keep eating more meat than I ever have in the entire course of my life. :D
I was also able to provide J with all the labs and ultrasound reports that she needed in order to continue providing me with care. SUCH A RELIEF! Now all I have to "worry" about is collecting things like receiving blankets, mixing bowls, Ziploc bags, etc. We're at 31 weeks, people!!! WOOHOO!!!
And now I must go take care of my acid reflux and roll on my ball . . . .
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well that's a blessing. Definitely in the touch of God category.
ReplyDeleteYou're almost there. I better get that ticket.