Monday, April 19, 2010

Sara Sara Sara Sigh

Nothing MIRACULOUS, just a simple "stop complaining" from the man upstairs.

I was so frustrated on Saturday- a couple was getting a shotgun wedding because they messed up, had sex, and baby is coming, and both sets of parents are in our ward. They yelled at each other in the hallway at church, the bishop got involved, and THE PARENTS decided the boy and girl were getting married, no ifs ands or buts. This couple had already broken up, and I know they aren't in love. The bishop said in the ceremony that the only reason he agreed to do a civil marriage is because he made them both promise that in a year they'd be sealed in the temple. And then the parents went on to talk about how they KNOW this baby will bring them together and show them how much they love each other. Um, yeah right. What planet are we LDS living on?!?! I get really angry when I see how delusional we are as a church. Oh, let's force a stupid boy and a stupid girl to get married now, and let's watch the train wreak. And I knew the girl was pregnant before anyone said anything, just like I know the boy has pornography problems- and no one has said that. The sad thing is, this girl was one of our only two YW (out of 15 girls) who I thought had a chance at making it in this evil world! And the other girl has fallen as well. So, so sad.

How do you think the prophet and apostles keep their optimism? Do they have the actual numbers? Because it's pathetic.

And as I was driving to the wedding (actually, not true, I couldn't bring myself to attend the ceremony, I knew I would bawl the whole time- I just went afterwards to drop off a card full of worldly advice on how to be best friends and some cash) I get a voicemail from the compassionate service leader in our ward.

I had called the RS president on THURSDAY, and told her Wendy had her baby and needed meals. She left a message at 5 pm on Saturday, saying we only needed to do one meal, and could you do it today Sara? Thanks....hehehe...bye. I was ready to punch that lady. Jarem and I had date night with 8 other couples in 10 minutes, and I was running to the wedding! When was I going to get a meal together? And why do we always save our service for Armageddon? How about actually organizing just a few days of meals, or possibly even a whole week?!?! Oh my, what a concept! Plus this compassionate service woman didn't leave a callback number. So, I ignored it, and told Dorene on Sunday morning. She had a meal for them for Sunday, and Jarem and I did it today, and I'm going to call her vters and other ladies, and do the job RIGHT. For pete's sake.

So, Saturday was frustrating, and Sunday...well, I just couldn't feel the spirit all during church. I had no patience left. I know I always bug God to live where the real work is, but I was burnt out and sick of it. I'm also in the nursery, where 4 women were sitting on the floor chatting, and Laura and I were running around after 7 children, for two hours. Some of those kids weren't "legal" age. haha. Anyway, I got home, Jarem had the kids taking a nap (even Ari! He was fast asleep on my pillow :), so I decided to go read my scriptures in the hammock in the sunshine. Good choice. Still didn't have much of a spirit, but I learned:

"See that ye are not lifted up unto pride: yea, see that ye do not boast in your own wisdom, nor of your much strength....also see that ye bridle all your passions (or frustrations), that ye may be filled with love."
A verse later..."Do NOT say: O God, I thank thee that we are better than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy- yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times."

Hmm, think that was as clear as day to an annoyed little peon in the grand universe? It worked. Thanks Heavenly Father for the lesson- point taken.

2 comments:

  1. This is why I try not to read my scriptures when I'm feeling angry at life. :D j/k! I think God knows that Sara doesn't do subtle. Hope you had a better day today!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I don't do subtle! haha- that's true. Well, today would be better, but I just got chewed out TWICE (RS pres and compassionate service leader- 2 phone calls) for taking a meal and "roping in Dorene and making her go against the rules as well", I'm nauseous, I was blessed with a sinus infection and sore throat from the nursery, and Jude is now starting to get sick- WHOOP WHOOP! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :)

    ReplyDelete